Dark Circles- Symptoms, Treatment And Home Remedies
Dark circle is not a formal medical term, but both patients and dermatologists use it to indicate periorbital hypercromicmacules and patches. Dark circles under the eyes are defined as bilateral, round, homogenous pigment macules on the infra orbital regions.
Dark circles under the eyes may look purple or blue to dark brown or black, depending on skin color. The area under the eyes can appear darker due to constricted blood vessels causing hyperpigmentation or from thinning of the skin around the eyes. Vitamin A and K helps to get rid of dark circles as it can help with blood circulation and coagulation.
Various anatomic factors may contribute to the appearance of dark circles including the facial ligamentous. They are
- Dermal melanin deposition
- Post inflammation hyperpigmentation
- allergic contact dermatitis
- peri orbital edema
- Tear trough depression
Most common causes of dark circles under the eyes include:
- Due to lack of sleep
- Overexposure to sunlight
- Thinning skin under the eyes
- Anemia from iron deficiency
- Thyroid problem
- Straining your eyes
- Sinus congestion
Symptoms Of Dark Circles
- Gradual appearance of a dark patch under your eyes
- Tiredness arising from sleeplessness
- Stress and weakness
- The area under the lower eyelid looks puffy, and eye bags begin to form.
Treatment of dark circles involves a combination of medical treatment and natural remedies.
Medical treatments for dark circles
- Bleaching creams
- Topical retinoid acid
- Chemical peels
- Laser therapy
- Concealers and cosmeceuticals
- Topical caffeine
- Hyaluronic acid gel soft tissue fillers
people consider these options in extreme cases only. Because most treatments require months of daily use before a person notices any significant change.
Dark circles are a nightmare to everyone and as much as you try to avoid them, with insufficient care and lack of protection. However, you can always resort them simple with effective home remedies that can help you get rid of your dark circles, without any damage at all.
- Sweet almond oil
- Green tea bags
- Mint leave paste
- Cucumber + lemon juice
- Orange juice
- Rose water
Applying daily twice under the eyes. it slowly reduces the dark cirlces and helps to develop new cells.
Lack of sleep is one of the many reasons to develop dark circles. Therefore, the easiest and the most natural way to get rid of the dark under-eye circles is by treating yourself a nice 8 hours sleep. A good night’s rest will not only take away all the discomfort in your body but also replenish your skin.
- Dark circles are usually temporary and not a cause of concern. The home remedies and medical treatments listed in this article can help in reducing the appearance of dark circles.
- Several medical treatments and home remedies can help reduce the appearance of dark eye circles. These may include cucumber slices and beauty products.
- Although most of these treatments are safe to use, researchers have not confirmed their effectiveness in reducing dark eye circles.