High Protein Diet For Weight Loss
Proteins are very important to our body along with carbohydrates. If we want to be healthy, active and for proper body functions we want sufficient amount of proteins. High protein diets typically include large quantities of protein and only a small amount of carbohydrate. High-protein diet by eating meat, fish, dairy products, beans and legumes, eggs, and vegetables that are relatively rich in protein, such as spinach.
People on this diet will often choose to reduce their carbohydrate intake, which may involve limiting their consumption of highly processed foods, bread and other baked goods, candy, and white pasta and rice.
In addition to aiding weight loss, protein provides the body with some essential benefits. The benefits of protein include:
- Protein is an important component of every cell in the body. Hair and nails are mostly made of protein. Your body uses protein to build and repair tissues. You also use protein to make enzymes, hormones, and other body chemicals. Protein is an important building block of bones, muscles, cartilage, skin, and blood.
- protein is a “macronutrient,” meaning that the body needs relatively large amounts of it. Vitamins and minerals, which are needed in only small quantities, are called “micronutrients.”
- According to RDA (Recommended Dietary Allowance) 0.8 grams of protein per kilogram of body weight, this amounts 56 grams per day for the average sedentary man. 46 grams per day for the average sedentary woman.
- Protein are made up of amino acids. There are 22 amino acids, nine of which are essential to obtain from the diet because the body does not produce them.
- High protein diet may also help lower blood pressure, fight diabetes and also loss fat.
Some studies suggest that health problems may potentially result from eating a high-protein diet for extended periods. High-protein diet could lead to higher acid loads for the kidneys and that people may be at risk of the health conditions that come with eating high amounts of animal fat.
In addition low carb diet also cause health problems like malnutrition. Children and teenagers are at particular risk of malnutrition from eating insufficient carbohydrate.
But high-protein diets are beneficial for weight loss, at least in the short term.
High Protein Foods
Redgram and soya contain high protein content than meat.