Sweet Potato Roti for Weight loss
January 29, 2021 | by Yashaswi Pathakamuri | Posted in Recipes, weight Loss
Bored with regular type of roti’s and chapatti’s, then try out this oil free and healthy recipe!!! These roti’s are very softer and tastes good compared to normal roti’s. In this article I’m going to tell you about the nutritional benefits of sweet potato roti and how it works for weight loss.
Lunch is a wholesome and filling meal with sweet potato roti. As it is rich in fiber. Sweet potatoes are a rich source of fibre as well as of vitamins and minerals including iron, calcium, selenium, and they’re a good source of vitamin B and A.
They are considered as low-glycemic foods that do not cause an instant spike in blood sugar levels, further helping maintain weight efficiently.
Sweet potatoes are fairly low in calories and a very good option if you are trying to control your weight.
Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of vitamin A. Sweet potatoes, although a carbohydrate source, absorb more slowly and do not raise blood sugar as much as other starchy foods like the grains or sweets categories. An unstable blood glucose level can cause conditions like obesity and diabetes. The high water content in sweet potatoes makes them great for weight loss.
Wheat flour is enriched with good source of nutrients like iron, thiamine, niacin, calcium, and vitamin B6. Whole wheat is a decent source of several vitamins and minerals, including selenium, manganese, phosphorus, copper, and folate.
Whole wheat flour naturally has good level of fiber. Fiber is an important part of your diet, as it prevents constipation, helps control blood sugar, wards off heart disease, and even assists in weight management.
Constipation is a common symptom of hypothyroidism. Whole-grain foods high in nutrients in addition to fiber, which can help with bowel regularity.
Gluten — the protein found in grains like wheat, rye, and barley. This doesn’t directly affect thyroid function. But some people with autoimmune hypothyroidism also have celiac disease, a condition in which their immune system mistakenly attacks their small intestine after they eat gluten.
How To Make Sweet Potato Roti
This roti is low in calories, contains less carbohydrates, packed with fiber, oil free and healthy. Taking this roti as lunch gives you filling of stomach and gives enough energy.
- Sweet potato (boiled and mashed)-1cup
- Wheat flour-1 cup
- Turmeric powder-1/2 tsp.
- Garam masala-1/4 tsp.
- Chilli powder-1/2 tsp.
- Salt-as required
- Firstly the sweet potatoes should be washed thoroughly and then place the sweet potatoes in a cooker.
- After the first whistle, put the flame in the lowest for 10 minutes and turn off the stove.
- Peel out the skin and mash it well.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, garam masala to mashed sweet potato.
- Mix everything well. Now measure 1cup of the sweet potato mix and add it into a bowl.
- Measure 1 cup of wheat flour into the bowl (1:1 ratio). Make the dough.
- Let it rest for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes knead the dough once and start making roti’s.
- Place the roti on pan. After 1 minute turn the roti to other side.
- Enjoy your lunch with the very soft, delicious and healthy roti!!!
NOTE: Do it when the sweet potato is hot. Because the heat of sweet potato activates gluten in the flour, resulting in a softer roti when cooked.
You can also serve it as a wrap with green chutney, onion, tomato and drizzle some curd/homemade yogurt.
- Sweet potato roti is nutrients dense recipe.
- It is also very filling with green chutney.
- Sweet potato has more than 100% of daily recommended vitamin A.
- Vitamin A, a nutrient that helps your eyes, bones and keeps your immune system healthy.
- sweet potato contains 2g of protein and 122 kcal but it is not from fat.
- Sweet potatoes are rich in important nutrients, which can help you stay healthy as you lose weight.
- Best time to take
- Lung disease
- Nutrition Facts
- Nuts and Seeds
- Oats and Oatmeal
- spices and Condiments
- Varicose Veins
- weight gain
- weight Loss
- March 2023
- February 2023
- January 2023
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- July 2022
- June 2022
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- December 2021
- November 2021
- October 2021
- September 2021
- July 2021
- June 2021
- May 2021
- April 2021
- March 2021
- February 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- November 2020
- October 2020
- September 2020
- August 2020
- July 2020
- June 2020
- May 2020
- April 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- January 2020