7 Best Detox Drinks To Lose Weight
Detox drinks are very helpful when you are trying to lose weight. we should not only depend on certain types of diets and exercise routines, but also detox liquids. Though a good diet is imperative for weight loss, it is essential you include detox drinks to make it more effective. This article helps you to find out best detoxifying drinks for better sleep, hair, skin and weight loss.
The human body has several natural pathways to allow detoxification through the liver, sweat, urine, and faeces. But the exposure to heavy metals, preservatives and pesticides has taken the average toxin consumption by human beings to an all-time high. Thus, it is necessary to make certain changes in the diet to help the body in the detoxification process. It is trusted to cleanse the digestive system and help the body eliminate waste products and various toxins absorbed from the air, soil, water and food as well as toxic substances produced by the body itself. Detox drinks are fast gaining recognition for preventing toxic overload and major health problems. If the toxic intake is not curtailed, it can manifest in various problems like bloating, gas, headaches, constipation, headaches, fatigues, nausea and skin problems. A regular intake of these simple detox drinks can aid weight loss, give a boost to your metabolism, work as an incredible laxative agent and helps digestion.
1. Detox Haldi Tea
A perfect combination of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory ingredients, haldi tea consists of a number of health benefits. Turmeric being a very powerful liver cleansing spice, boosts the immunity by improving liver function.
- 1/2 tsp haldi
- 1/2 tsp ginger (chopped)
- 1/4 tsp black Pepper
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cups water
- Take a bowl, add water and heat.
- Bring it to simmer and all the other ingredients and stir well.
- Keep boiling the water till it reduces to half and serve hot.
2. Jeera Lemon Water
Jeera is known for its various health benefits. From boosting digestion and staying hydrated to treating anaemia naturally and weight loss, jeera water has numerous benefits. You can also drink this water throughout the day for better results. It helps in easing bowel movements and removes bloating naturally along with reducing that stubborn fat.
- Cumin seeds / jeera
- Lime juice
- Firstly soak cumin seeds or jeera overnight
- Then boil the water along with the seeds.
- Drain out the seeds and once the water attains a normal room temperature
- Now add half a lime juice to this detox water and drink it on an empty stomach.
3. Lemon and ginger detox drink
This is a wonder drink which is very effective for weight loss. Ginger contains gingerol which is known to prevent stomach problems and aid digestion. Lemons are not only rich in Vitamin C but also antioxidants which fight the production of free radicals in the body. When combined with an effective exercise regimen, this can work wonders.
- Squeeze half a lemon in a glass of lukewarm water
- Add an inch of grated ginger.
- Drink this every morning and check your weight after 1-2 months.
4. Cucumber Mint Detox Drink
Mint is traditionally regarded as the best ingredients for soothing an upset stomach. Mint also improves the flow of bile through the stomach speeding the digestion process. This mixture not only helps in flushing out toxins from the body, but is also good to taste. Cucumber and mint when added to water are a good combination for digestion. Take a large pitcher and add a few cucumber slices along with fresh mint leaves. Let it infuse for some time and keep drinking from it the entire day.
Cucumber contains antioxidants which help fight free radicals and due to its hydrating effect it aids in the removal of toxins from the body.
- 1 Cucumber
- 8-10 Mint leaves
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- Ice cubes
- Iced Water
1. Peel, chop and blend cucumber, mint leaves and 1 cup of water.
2. Strain and discard pulp.
3. Add lemon juice, black salt and dilute with water if needed.
4. Pour the beverages in glasses, put some ice cubes and garnish with lemon rings and mint leaves.
5. Cranberry Drink
Cranberry detox water is also known as a flat belly detox water. It is known to be a natural diuretic and can help in flushing out excess water. It also contains anthocyanin a powerful antioxidant which helps combating certain infections, diseases and helps in managing cholesterol levels. It is known for helping in avoiding urinary tract infections. Cranberry juice detox water is also known as a flat belly detox water. It is one of the best detox water recipes along with this apple cider vinegar drink. Drinking cranberry juice helps to cleanse the liver, remove toxins, and reduce belly fat, creating a flatter stomach area by flushing and stimulating digestion
- Lime juice
- Apple cider vinegar
- In a glass, add ice cubes then pour water, cranberry juice, apple cider vinegar, and lime juice.
- Mix together and enjoy chilled. For an extra flavour, add fresh mint
- Let it set for about 30 minutes to absorb the oils in the mint leaves.
- Enjoy this cranberry juice detox water chilled for the best taste.
6. Green Tea
Green tea is a calorie-free drink. Green tea contains catechins, antioxidants that help suppress the production of free radicals in the body. It has also been shown to activate the body’s thermogenic fat-burning activity. Green tea may have positive effects on weight loss, liver disorders, type 2 diabetes, Alzheimer’s disease, and more.
7. Honey Lemon Ginger Tea
Honey lemon ginger is spiced with a hint of ginger, honey and lemon, this drink has long been used to treat sore throats and cold. But the concoction packs more benefits than you thought.
- 3 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Ginger, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Tea leaves, for every cup
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Honey
- In a pan heat 3 cups of water.
- Before it begins to boil add ginger.
- Just as it starts to boil add the tea leaves, lemon juice and honey.
- Strain it into a cup and enjoy!
- Detox drinks are fast gaining recognition for preventing toxic overload.
- A regular intake of these simple detox drinks can aid weight loss.
- Detox drinks can help you lose weight and rejuvenate body.
- Detox drinks also aid smoother liver functioning, better sleep and improved hair and skin.